ANN: distlib 0.3.0 released on PyPI
I've recently released version 0.3.0 of distlib on PyPI . For newcomers,distlib is a library of packaging functionality which is intended to beusable as the basis for third-party packaging tools.
The main changes in this release are as follows:
* Partially addressed #102: modules attribute of InstalledDistribution was? incorrectly computed as a list of bytes, rather than a list of str. This? has now been corrected.
* Updated Locator._get_digest to check PyPI JSON responses for a "digests"? dictionary before trying "algo_digest" keys. Thanks to Jeffery To for the? patch.
* Fixed #123: Improved error message if a resource isn't found.
* Fixed #124: Stopped norm-casing the executable written into shebangs, as? it doesn't work for some non-ASCII paths.
* Fixed #125: Updated launchers with versions that correctly report errors? containing non-ASCII characters. The updated launchers now also support? relative paths (see http://bit.ly/2JxmOoi for more information).
* Fixed #127: Allowed hyphens in flags in export specifications.
* Changed Python version handling to accommodate versions like e.g. 3.10? (no longer assume a version X.Y where X and Y are single digits).
A more detailed change log is available at .
Please try it out, and if you find any problems or have any suggestions for improvements,please give some feedback using the issue tracker! 
 https://pypi.org/project/distlib/0.3.0/ https://distlib.readthedocs.io/en/0.3.0/ https://bitbucket.org/pypa/distlib/issues/new