[Python-Dev] Petr Viktorin as BDFL-Delegate for PEP 580
On Wednesday, October 3, 2018, Jeroen Demeyer <J.Demeyer at ugent.be> wrote:
> I would like to propose Petr Viktorin as BDFL-Delegate for PEP 580, titled
> "The C call protocol". He has co-authored several PEPs (PEP 394, PEP 489,
> PEP 534, PEP 547, PEP 573), several of which involve extension modules.
> Petr has agreed to become BDFL-Delegate for PEP 580 if asked. Also Antoine
> Pitrou, INADA Naoki and Nick Coghlan have approved Petr being BDFL-Delegate.
> I am well aware of the current governance issues, but several people have
> mentioned that the BDFL-Delegate process can still continue for now. I
> created a PR for the peps repository at https://github.com/python/peps
+1. Are we doing upvotes on the mailing list or on the GitHub PR and/or
"[Python-ideas] PEPs: Theory of operation"
Process suggestions that could minimize non-BDFL's BDFL legwork:
* Use GitHub reactions for voting on BDFL delegates, PEP final approval,
and PEP sub issues?
* Specify a voting deadline?
* How to make a quorum call?
* Add '@core/team' as reviewers for every PEP?
* Link to the mailing list thread(s) at the top of the PR
* [ ] Add unique message URLs to footers with mailman3
* What type of communications are better suited for mailing lists over PEP
pull-requests and PEP code reviews?
[The original thread is probably a better place to discuss PEP process
> Jeroen Demeyer.
> Python-Dev mailing list
> Python-Dev at python.org
> Unsubscribe: https://mail.python.org/mailman/options/python-dev/wes.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...