Subject: [mongodb-user] Re: Vzise vs res across replicaset
I am wondering why is there this difference between the vsize/res of the 2nd secondary and the 1st one?
It’s quite hard to tell without some in-depth logging data and long-term metrics data. However, there may be some hints as to what happened.
- Are you using bare metal hardware, or is it provisioned using a cloud provider?
- If it’s a cloud provider, which one is it?
- How many mongod are running inside a single machine?
- What are the output of db.serverCmdLineOpts() from each of the three nodes?
- What are the output of rs.status() and rs.conf()?
- Is your application using a majority read concern?
- Are the real-time clocks reliable across the three machines?
- Is there a particular difference of the 3rd node vs. the other two? e.g., is it on a different datacenter?
- Are you doing a secondary read, e.g. for analytical purposes?
- Have you tried restarting the affected secondary, and see the issue manifest itself again?
- Have you tried upgrading to 3.4.6? There may be some issue that was fixed.
Having said that, please understand that there may not be a definitive answer exists for your question.
You received t...
his message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "mongodb-user"
For other MongoDB technical support options, see: https://docs.mongodb.com/manual/support/
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "mongodb-user" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/mongodb-user
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mongodb-user/994577ab-3d32-4422-bafd-428236847a66%40googlegroups.com
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout