Subject: [VOTE] The 1st HBase 0.98.24 release candidate
(RC0) is available
The 1st HBase 0.98.24 release candidate (RC0) is available for download at
artifacts are also available in the temporary repository
The git tag corresponding to the candidate is '0.98.24RC0' (9c13a1c).
The detailed source and binary compatibility report for this release with
respect to the previous is available for your review at
. There are no reported compatibility issues.
The 33 issues resolved in this release can be found at
I have made the following assessments of this candidate:
- Release audit check: pass (7u80)
- Unit test suite: pass 20/20 iterations (7u80)
- Loaded 1M keys with LTT (10 readers, 10 writers, 10 updaters (20%):
all keys verified, no unusual messages or errors, latencies in the ballpark
- IntegrationTestBigLinkedList 1B rows: 100% referenced, no errors
(8u102, Hadoop 2.7.3)
- Built head of Apache Phoenix 4.x-HBase-0.98 branch: no errors
Signed with my code signing key D5365CCD.
Please try out the candidate and vote +1/0/-1. This vote will be open for
at least 72 hours. Unless objection I will try to close it Tuesday January
3, 2017 if we have sufficient votes.
If you are given a choice, you believe you have acted freely. - Raymond
Teller (via Peter Watts)