I took a look at some of the blocker defects.
, the closing of DBOptions using try-with-resources is categorized as
blocker by the analysis.
I don't think that categorization is proper.
We can locate the high priority defects, according to consensus, and fix
On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 2:01 PM, <simeon.arkhipov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello Flink community.
I am new in Flink project and probably don't understand it a lot. Could
you please clarify one question to me?
I download Flink sources and build it from scratch. I found checkstyle
guidelines that every Flink developer should follow which is very useful.
However, I didn't find anything about static analysis tools like
I have looked through mailing lists archive but without success. That
seemed very strange to me.
I have setup Sonarcube and run analysis on whole Flink project. After a
while I have got 442 bugs, 511 vulnerabilities and more than 13K Code
Smells issues. You can see them all here: https://sonarcloud.io/
I looked through some of bugs and vulnerabilities and there are many
important ones (in my opinions) like these:
- 'other' is dereferenced. A "NullPointerException" could be thrown;
"other" is nullable here.
- Either re-interrupt this method or rethrow the "InterruptedException".
- Move this call to "wait()" into a synchronized block to be sure the
monitor on "Object" is held.
- Refactor this code so that the Iterator supports multiple traversal
- Use try-with-resources or close this "JsonGenerator" in a "finally"
clause. Use try-with-resources or close this "JsonGenerator" in a
- Cast one of the operands of this subtraction operation to a "long".
- Make "ZERO_CALENDAR" an instance variable.
- Add a "NoSuchElementException" for iteration beyond the end of the
- Replace the call to "Thread.sleep(...)" with a call to "wait(...)".
- Call "Optional#isPresent()" before accessing the value.
- Change this condition so that it does not always evaluate to "false".
Expression is always false.
- This class overrides "equals()" and should therefore also override
- "equals(Object obj)" should test argument type
- Not enough arguments in LOG.debug function. Not enough arguments.
- Remove this return statement from this finally block.
- "notify" may not wake up the appropriate thread.
- Remove the boxing to "Double".
- Classes should not be compared by name
- "buffers" is a method parameter, and should not be used for
Are there any plans to work on static analysis support for Flink project
or it was intentionally agreed do not use static analysis as time
Thank you in advance for you replies.