[jira] [Created] (FLINK-9522) Rework Flink website
Fabian Hueske created FLINK-9522:
Summary: Rework Flink website
Issue Type: Improvement
Components: Project Website
Reporter: Fabian Hueske
Flink's website (flink.apache.org) represents and informs about the Flink system and the Flink community.
I would like to propose to rework some parts of the website to improve its structure, provide more valuable information about Flink, and present new features.
In particular, I propose to:
* Restructure the menu into three sections:
## *About Flink*: Explains what Flink is and which use cases it addresses (What is it? Does it solve my problem? Is it working / who uses it?)
## *Users*: helps users of Flink (Download, Docs, How to get help)
## *Contributors*: Community, How to contribute, Github
* Rework the start page: add an overview of the feature, add a new figure, move powered-by users above blog
* Add a detailed description about Flink discussing architectures, applications, and operations. This will replacing the out-dated Features page.
* Rework the Use Cases page
* Addi a Getting Help page pointing to mailing list, stack overflow and common error messages (moved from FAQ)
* Remove the information about the inactive IRC channel
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA