[DRAFT] June 2018 Daffodil Podling Report
Apache Daffodil is an implementation of the Data Format Description
Language (DFDL) used to convert between fixed format data and
Daffodil has been incubating since 2017-08-27.
Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
1. Increase community growth and participation
2. Establish a frequent release schedule
3. Working other Apache projects where Daffodil could provided extra
Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
- None, previous legal issues regarding Open Grid Forum license were
How has the community developed since the last report?
- Starting community building, including conversations on the user@
and dev@ lists from a handful of users requesting some support and
information on Daffodil for DFDL schema creation.
- Mike Beckerle was accepted for a talk on Daffodil at ApacheCon
- Received two bug fix contributions from an outside user, who was
able to spin up and make contributions quickly
How has the project developed since the last report?
- Created our first release as an Apache incubator
- All website and wiki documentation is up to date
- Had 14 commits from 5 different developers over the past three months
- Still under active development, though upcoming features are
large are take time to implement
How would you assess the podling's maturity?
Please feel free to add your own commentary.
[ ] Initial setup
[ ] Working towards first release
[X] Community building
[ ] Nearing graduation
[ ] Other:
Date of last release:
When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?
- None, same as project incubation