git.net

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Test failures in master


Interesting. These are all tests that use things like week of
year/month, and we have had issues in the past with unexpected results
using some of those patterns (e.g. DAFFODIL-488), so I'm not entirely
surprised that these these tests fail. But it is odd that our results
aren't consistent, they all pass for the current devs and they pass on
TravisCI. I'd guess that ICU (the library we use for date/time parsing)
is getting some value from your system that we aren't correctly
overriding. I believe we've had that problem in the past, but thought it
was all fixed.

I've tried changing my timezone and tests still pass. Have you made any
other date time related configurations to your system? Maybe you've
changed the calendar type or have a non-standard first day of week, days
in first week, language, etc?

This also might just be a weird bug in ICU. The version we currently use
is pretty old. You might try changing the ICU dependency in
project/Dependencies.scala to the latest (61.1) and see if that fixes
it. I've tested that and get a bunch of errors related to rounding and
various number errors, but all the calendar tests pass.

We may want to move these tests to scala-debug until we can resolve this
issue.

- Steve

On 05/24/2018 04:47 AM, Russ Williams wrote:
> Hi!
> 
> Testing the build process with a clone of the current master branch, I’m getting five test failures related to calendar handling for day-of-week and week-of-year.
> 
> One in daffodil-test-ibm1/test:
> 	[error] Test org.apache.daffodil.IBMTestsThatPass.test_simple_type_properties_text_calendar_13_01 failed: java.lang.Exception: 
> 	[error] Comparison failed.
> 	[error] Expected
> 	[error]           <myDateTime>2010-12-27T04:05:06.000000+00:00</myDateTime>
> 	[error] Actual
> 	[error]           <myDateTime>2010-12-20T04:05:06.000000+00:00</myDateTime>
> 
> 
> Four in daffodil-test/test:
> 	[error] Test org.apache.daffodil.section05.simple_types.TestSimpleTypes.test_dateCalendarDaysInFirstWeek3 failed: java.lang.Exception: 
> 	[error] Comparison failed.
> 	[error] Expected
> 	[error]           <date17>2012-01-01+00:00</date17>
> 	[error] Actual
> 	[error]           <date17>2012-12-23+00:00</date17>
> 
> 	[error] Test org.apache.daffodil.section05.simple_types.TestSimpleTypes.test_dateCalendarDaysInFirstWeek5 failed: java.lang.Exception: 
> 	[error] Comparison failed.
> 	[error] Expected
> 	[error]           <date20>2013-02-24+00:00</date20>
> 	[error] Actual
> 	[error]           <date20>2013-02-10+00:00</date20>
> 
> 	[error] Test org.apache.daffodil.section05.simple_types.TestSimpleTypes.test_dateCalendarFirstDayOfWeek03 failed: java.lang.Exception: 
> 	[error] Comparison failed.
> 	[error] Expected
> 	[error]           <date06>2013-02-03+00:00</date06>
> 	[error] Actual
> 	[error]           <date06>2013-02-02+00:00</date06>
> 
> 	[error] Test org.apache.daffodil.section05.simple_types.TestSimpleTypes.test_dateCalendarFirstDayOfWeek04 failed: java.lang.Exception: 
> 	[error] Comparison failed.
> 	[error] Expected
> 	[error]           <date06>2013-02-04+00:00</date06>
> 	[error] Actual
> 	[error]           <date06>2013-02-03+00:00</date06>
> 
> 
> The dateCalendarDaysInFirstWeek3 failure is particularly bad since it’s looking for “week 1 of 2012”, which should start on 2012-01-01, but it’s getting a date in *December* 2012.
> 
> 
> Every other test passes cleanly.
> I’ve got the same result on my Mac (macOS Sierra/10.12.6, Oracle Java 1.8.0_51-b16) and a Linux box (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, Oracle Java 1.8.0_111-b14).
> Setting -Duser.timezone in JAVA_OPTS doesn’t make any difference.
> I haven’t been able to test with OpenJDK yet.
> 
> Cheers,
> —
> Russ
>