git.net

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Request for post-freeze merge exception


+1
Dinesh 

    On Tuesday, September 4, 2018, 12:51:49 PM PDT, Ariel Weisberg <ariel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  
 
 +1 Transient Replication had some rebase pain as well, but we were able to get through it at the last minute. The traffic on the last few days was pretty heavy with several substantial commits.

On Tue, Sep 4, 2018, at 2:19 PM, Jeff Jirsa wrote:
> Seems like a reasonable thing to merge to me. Nothing else has been
> committed, it was approved pre-freeze, seems like the rush to merge was
> bound to have some number of rebase casualties.
> 
> On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 11:15 AM Sam Tunnicliffe <sam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 
> > Hey all,
> >
> > On 2018-31-08 CASSANDRA-14145 had been +1'd by two reviewers and CI was
> > green, and so it was marked Ready To Commit. This was before the 4.0
> > feature freeze but before it landed, CASSANDRA-14408, which touched a few
> > common areas of the code, was merged. I didn't have chance to finish the
> > rebase over the weekend but in the end it turned out that most of the
> > conflicts were in test code and were straightforward to resolve. I'd like
> > to commit this now; the rebase is done (& has been re-reviewed), and the CI
> > is still green so I suspect most of the community would probably be ok with
> > that. We did vote for a freeze though and I don't want to subvert or
> > undermine that decision, so I wanted to check and give a chance for anyone
> > to raise objections before I did.
> >
> > I'll wait 24 hours, and if nobody objects before then I'll merge to trunk.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Sam
> >

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx