git.net

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Request for post-freeze merge exception


Seems like a reasonable thing to merge to me. Nothing else has been
committed, it was approved pre-freeze, seems like the rush to merge was
bound to have some number of rebase casualties.

On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 11:15 AM Sam Tunnicliffe <sam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> On 2018-31-08 CASSANDRA-14145 had been +1'd by two reviewers and CI was
> green, and so it was marked Ready To Commit. This was before the 4.0
> feature freeze but before it landed, CASSANDRA-14408, which touched a few
> common areas of the code, was merged. I didn't have chance to finish the
> rebase over the weekend but in the end it turned out that most of the
> conflicts were in test code and were straightforward to resolve. I'd like
> to commit this now; the rebase is done (& has been re-reviewed), and the CI
> is still green so I suspect most of the community would probably be ok with
> that. We did vote for a freeze though and I don't want to subvert or
> undermine that decision, so I wanted to check and give a chance for anyone
> to raise objections before I did.
>
> I'll wait 24 hours, and if nobody objects before then I'll merge to trunk.
>
> Thanks,
> Sam
>