Draft board report for October 2018
See below a draft of this month's board report. Please let me know if you
have any additions or corrections. Thanks!
Apache Calcite is a highly customizable framework for parsing and
planning queries on data in a wide variety of formats. It allows
database-like access, and in particular a SQL interface and advanced query
optimization, for data not residing in a traditional database.
Avatica is a sub-project within Calcite and provides a framework
for building local and remote JDBC and ODBC database drivers. Avatica has
an independent release schedule and its own repository.
- There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.
Development and mailing list activity is steady for both Calcite and its
Calcite 1.17.0 was released mid-July with a new multi-dialect SQL parser as
well as the use of JDK 8 features in the core. Avatica Go 3.2.0 was
released early September followed by a bugfix release shortly after.
We have continued to have a steady string of new committers with solid
## Health report:
Activity levels on mailing lists, git and JIRA are normal for both Calcite
## PMC changes:
- Currently 19 PMC members.
- New PMC members:
- Kevin Risden was added to the PMC on Sun Jul 08 2018
- Vova Vysotskyi was added to the PMC on Fri Jul 06 2018
## Committer base changes:
- Currently 35 committers.
- New commmitters:
- Andrei Sereda was added as a committer on Thu Sep 13 2018
- Sergey Nuyanzin was added as a committer on Mon Jul 23 2018
- 1.17.0 was released on Thu Jul 19 2018
- avatica-go-3.1.0 was released on Sat Sep 08 2018
- avatica-go-3.2.0 was released on Mon Sep 17 2018
- avatica-1.12.0 was released on Sun Jun 24 2018
## JIRA activity:
- 212 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
- 153 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months