[DISCUSS] Draft board report for July 2018
See below a draft of the board report for April. If there's any activity
I'm missing, please let me know!
Apache Calcite is a highly customizable framework for parsing and
planning queries on data in a wide variety of formats. It allows
database-like access, and in particular a SQL interface and advanced query
optimization, for data not residing in a traditional database.
Avatica is a sub-project within Calcite and provides a framework
for building local and remote JDBC and ODBC database drivers. Avatica has
an independent release schedule and its own repository.
- There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.
Development and mailing list activity is steady for both Calcite and its
Avatica Go 3.0.0 was released late April with support for Avatica HSQLDB.
This is the first release of Avatica Go by the Apache Calcite project since
the code was donated. Avatica 1.12.0 was released late June. The next
release of Calcite is well underway and is expected to be completed in
We have continued to have a steady string of new committers with solid
contributions. Alan Gates, an early mentor of the Calcite project has
resigned from the Calcite PMC, and is now an Emeritus PMC member.
## Health report:
Activity levels on mailing lists, git and JIRA are normal for both Calcite
## PMC changes:
- Currently 17 PMC members.
- New PMC members:
- Francis Chuang was added to the PMC on Sat Apr 21 2018
- Laurent Goujon was added to the PMC on Sun Apr 22 2018
## Committer base changes:
- Currently 33 committers.
- New commmitters:
- Kevin Risden was added as a committer on Wed Apr 25 2018
- Shuyi Chen was added as a committer on Tue Apr 03 2018
- avatica-1.12.0 was released on Sat Jun 23 2018
- avatica-go-3.0.0 was released on Thu Apr 26 2018
- 1.16.0 was released on Sun Mar 18 2018
## JIRA activity:
- 157 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
- 89 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months