Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Calcite Avatica Go 3.0.0 released
Thanks for the heads up. Please see inline.
On 28/04/2018 2:56 AM, Julian Hyde wrote:
Many thanks for getting this release out of the door. I know it was a lot of work!
A few minor things:
* ASF release policy says wait 24 hours between committing artifacts to dev/release and announcing the release. This gives the mirrors chance to populate.
Thanks for the heads up. Will keep this in mind for the next release.
* Did you send the message to announce@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:announce@xxxxxxxxxx>? That list is watched by a lot of people (e.g. journalists). It will also get the release announcement into the ASF weekly roundup.
Will do this ASAP.
I sent out an email announcing the vote results yesterday. See:
Is this sufficient?
* When you close the vote, be sure to change the subject to [RESULT] [VOTE]. There are automated tools that expect this. Could you send such an email now, to satisfy those tools.
I got an email from Apache after pushing the release to add it to the
* I saw you (or someone) added the release to ASF’s release database. Thanks for that.
* I’ll tweet the announcement on @ApacheAvatica.
Thanks again Julian!
On Apr 26, 2018, at 5:27 PM, Rexwell Minnis <rexminnis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thank you however the tinks don't work for me, I'm seeing "Not Found - HTTP
On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 8:09 PM, Francis Chuang <francischuang@xxxxxxxxxx>
The Apache Calcite team is pleased to announce the release of
Apache Calcite Avatica Go 3.0.0.
Avatica is a framework for building database drivers. Avatica
defines a wire API and serialization mechanism for clients to
communicate with a server as a proxy to a database. The reference
Avatica client and server are implemented in Java and communicate
over HTTP. Avatica is a sub-project of Apache Calcite.
The Avatica Go client is a Go database/sql driver that enables Go
programs to communicate with the Avatica server.
Avatica Go 3.0.0 is the first release by the Apache Calcite
project since the code was donated. This release includes support
for the Avatica HSQLDB backend, updated dependencies as well as
numerous bug fixes as described in the release notes:
The release is available here:
We welcome your help and feedback. For more information on how to
report problems, and to get involved, visit the project website at
Francis Chuang, on behalf of the Apache Calcite Team